Tuesday, December 6, 2022

EOTO Pt. 2, Terms & Concepts

    For my EOTO Pt. 2, I was responsible for researching and presenting to the class information on machine learning and artificial intelligence. A.I. and machine learning have led to computers being able to perform tasks and think like a human. Machine learning is the platform for how a computer system gains its knowledge.

    Beyond the simple definition of machine learning, there is a multitude of gains that are resulted from this type of technology. The implications of machine learning are that it is beginning to transform all segments including healthcare services, education, transport, food, entertainment, different assembly line, and many more. This new machine learning will impact lives in almost every aspect, including housing, cars, shopping, food ordering and etc. The good about machine learning is that it allows the user to feed a computer algorithm an immense amount of data and have the computer analyze it and make data-driven recommendations. With there being an upside to machine learning, there also happens to be a downside. Machine learning happens to not work well with bad data. On top of that, you could have problems interpreting the result that the machine outputs, which could cause major problems for your work in implementing your model. there could also be a financial burden with paying to hire people to comprehend the data that resulted from the data since it is something that takes an individual that is expertise within it. 

    Machine learning may affect society as a whole by creating artificial intelligence games, games such as Google DeepMind's AlphaGo, Go is an ancient Chinese game, going to builds machine learning for these types of games, leading to more intellectual gaming applications for the user to experience. Along with that, machine learning is beginning to form fully automated transportation self-driving cars. These A.I.-powered vehicles have surpassed human driving mobilize in protection, which is primarily based on the exact equal fundamentals of gadgets. Environmental protection is also societal aid that could be aided by machine learning, in which machines can save and get the right of entry to more meaningful information. 

Certain segments of society can be affected by machine learning. men who mostly work hands-on, blue-collar jobs, that do not have all the financial wealth compared to others, may be at risk of losing their job. Machine learning and AI are beginning to think more like humans, and will soon be able to think even further than human intelligence. The ones that work often with machinery, and the demographic that operates with technology, may have to swing in another direction for their occupation because a machine or a computer can take their job. Putting most America, that work jobs that operate a hands-on gig, or a technological operation, at risk for a major job loss. With the many good things that machine learning brings to the world, there is a significant downfall that tends to be overlooked. 

    
    Machine Learning can harm or alter the way I consume social media in that ML can alter the feeds that I see on my timeline, to notifications that I tend to receive from social media apps, everything can start to be curated to my liking, stemming from Machine Learning. In relation to my family being affected, my uncle works a blue-collar job, that could be affected by Machine Learning. It worries me because there is a multitude of employees on his job site that have been placed on my machinery, leading them to lose their jobs. My uncle lives in a town where taxes are raising, and the living expense is only rising, and he needs his job to get those things paid for. With that being said, even by ML offers us a multitude of positives, a negative could be directed toward the ones that need it the most. Along with my generation, everything is technology and digital based, which frightens me as I do my job search, and begin my life after college. I have worked my entire life to land a job post-graduation, and to find out that I am in competition with a machine for my job, makes me anxious for my future job. In the event there is completion with ML, I have to learn how to adapt to this new implementation and figure out how I can embrace this profound change, and alter my route of how I go my future career in digital marketing. A lot of great things are considered with ML and AI, but, also many dark sides that must be considered. 



No comments:

Post a Comment